Breakfast: ”Peachy green” smoothie. 200g fresh peaches, 50g avocado, 20g kale, 7g almond butter, 1 tsp flaxseed, 1 date, ~1 cup ice and enough water to blend. The peaches could have been riper/sweeter – hence the date. But pretty good nevertheless!
Lunch: Besan cheela with sambhara (Gujerati-style cabbage and carrots) and green coconut chutney . A delicious mess on the plate. But note to self: leftover besan cheela have very little structural integrity.
Dinner: A soup good enough to be blog-worthy: Indian-style pumpkin soup adapted from the ever reliable How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian by Mark Bittman. (A good use for a spare can or jar of pumpkin puree.)
- What this Clean Detox is all about
- Indian-style pumpkin soup
- Indian chickpea flour pancakes
- Sambhara [food.com]
- Green coconut chutney [bbcgoodfood.com]
- Clean: this book describes the detox method I’m following
- Clean Program Manual [cleanprogram.com]
- Clean Program Recipes [cleanprogram.com]
- Clean Program Meal Plan [cleanprogram.com]