Sign up for updates about Smarter Fitter Smoothies
(And a chance to win a free copy!)
If you’ve been following me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, then you know I’ve become quite addicted to smoothies as of late. It all started with the detox, which got me into the habit of having a smoothie for breakfast every morning. And now, I can’t stop. I crave these smoothies. They taste great. They make me feel awesome. And I find smoothie-making as enjoyable as smoothie-eating – I get to start my day with a bit of creativity. It’s an experiment with ingredients and flavour combinations in my quest for the best ever fruit and vegetable blends!
I’ve been taking notes on the process and have decided to turn it all into an smoothie book (both electronic and print), due to be released in just a few weeks! I know there are loads of other smoothie books out there, but my smoothie recipes are a little different.
First, all of my smoothies are
Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-free and Dairy-free
- Fruit AND Vegetables: My smoothies aren’t all about the fruit; you’ll find lots of veg too, and not just the usual suspects. Look out for ingredients like beetroot and pumpkin, veggies that pack a supremo nutritional punch but are frugal, too.
- Not a Total Sugar Bomb: In line with the above, my smoothies are nutritionally balanced; you’re not going to have a sugar crash within minutes of drinking one of these. They are designed for sustained feelings of awesomeness.
- Healthy, wholesome and detoxing: My smoothies are free of soy, wheat and other common allergens. Instead, they’re full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and loads of other good stuff your body needs in an easily digestible form.
- Dried fruits as sweeteners. I used dates, prunes and other dried fruit rather than syrups, sugar or other artificial sweeteners.
- Reliant on real food rather than “superfoods”: You can make my smoothies without having to spend lots of money on chia seeds, bee pollen and other “superfood” supplements
- Innovative combinations of ingredients and flavours. For example: pumpkin apple and ginger; double beetroot with apple and mint; pear and apple with cashew and cinnamon; strawberry and avocado with cashew and mint; melon, cucumber and avocado with mint and dates.
- Vitamix not required. Although it helps to have a super amazing blender, it’s not necessary – most of these smoothies can be made with a conventional blender. The book also gives suggestions for blenders that don’t cost the earth but still make a great smoothies.
The book is coming out in just as a few weeks, both as an eBook and in print.
Subscribe now to hear when it’s released.
I’ll be giving away free copies to 10 randomly chosen subscribers. So what do you have to lose? You have only smoothies to gain!
Here’s a taste of what you’ll find in the book, a super seasonal smoothie recipe that I’ve really been enjoying lately: Pumpkin, Apple & Ginger. This smoothie just sings of autumn (and extreme tastiness). The pumpkin and cashews make it creamy, while the apple and ginger make it super refreshing.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree*
- 1 apple
- 2 dates
- 15g cashews
- 1in piece of ginger, peeled
- ~1 cup ice
- enough water to blend
- cinnamon or nutmeg to garnish
- Put everything into the blender and blitz on high for about 30 seconds (or as long as it takes to make a silky smooth blend). For those of you without a Vitamix or similar super-power blender, you can soak the cashews for a few hours or use cashew butter to make it easier on your blender.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Please sign up and share this with your friends – all money earned from book sales will go towards creating more awesome recipe books. Thanks for your support!