The Neptune green appearance of this spirulina yogurt smoothie would make it a fitting item on the bar menu at Ten Forward (or the Chalmun’s Cantina if you’d like). The super sci-fi color comes from – you guessed it – the combo of yogurt and spirulina. Meanwhile, the addition of pineapple and banana make it delicious and refreshing.
Why this is good for you:
- Banana is loaded with potassium
- Spirulina adds iron, magnesium, protein and B12 to the party
- Yogurt adds more protein, plus live cultures, calcium and vitamin D
- Just half a banana and a small slice of pineapple means this smoothie isn’t a sugar bomb
This smoothie is inspired by the Passion 4 Juice Master, one of the highlights of Juice Feast. This smoothie uses whole pineapple rather than juiced pineapple so it can all be done in the blender (I use a Froothie Optimum 9400).
Spirulina Yogurt Smoothie
- 200g plain natural yogurt
- 1/2 banana
- 1-inch round slice of pineapple, skin removed and cut into chunks
- 5g spirulina (about one heaped teaspoon; I use Naturya spirulina)
- Put everything into the blender (I use a Froothie Optimum 9400) and blitz until smooth. Serve on ice and enjoy!