Last night was my first ever Smarter Fitter Supperclub held here at my digs in the Cotswolds featuring a vegan, raw, gluten-free theme. There were 11 of us in total, and what fun it was having so many like-minded and adventurous people over to try some of my creations, share ideas, drink wine and have some great chat. It went amazingly well and I hope all of my guests had as much fun as I did. The stand-out dishes seemed to be the beetroot and walnut dip, sweet potato kofte, raw raspberry cheesecake and, funny enough, the “Juicer Dreg Crisps” I made in the dehydrator with leftover juicer pulp.
My only regret is not taking enough pictures! The only pictures I did take were of the beverages (which might explain a thing or two).
Will I do it again? I think so! The social opportunities alone make it worthwhile – I met some really interesting people and made a few new friends. Plus, it was great hanging out with people who are actually local to me – something I don’t do as much as I’d like to.
So I’m thinking a summertime veggie BBQ camp. Any interest?
The menu from last night is below, with links to a few recipes for some favourite dishes.
- Fresh pineapple margarita
- Virgin mojito
- Sourdough bread
- Spelt Lavash Bread
- Juicer dreg crisps
- Beetroot and sweet potato crisps
- Aubergine “crisps” (aka Eggplant Bacon)
- Beetroot and Walnut Dip
- White bean puree with dukkah
- “BLT” bites (butternut, lettuce & tempeh) with sunflower seed dip
- Beetroot gazpacho shooters
- Pear sorbet
- Raw cauliflower couscous
- Raw kale salad
- Tomato and pomegranate salad
- Griddled leeks and asparagus with wild rice and quinoa
- Sweet potato kofte with tahini sauce
- Farinata with mushrooms and wild garlic
- Mushroom & aubergine cassoulet
- Raw raspberry cheesecake
- Fruit & coconut cream
- Weird coffee jelly with almond milk