From Overton Hill to Ogbourne St. George. ~9miles (78 miles to go)
- The Sanctuary, circa 3000 BC, a prehistoric site at the start of The Ridgeway on Overton Hill, part of a wider neolithic landscape that includes Avebury and West Kennett Long Barrow (need to go see this).
- The views – when the sun eventually burnt through the mist.
- Gentle, straightforward walking meant more time for some good convo and really getting to the bottom of some heavy life shizz like when are we going to take a cocktail making course?
- Victory pint and Sunday Roast at The Plough, truly a proper pub with exceptional wallpaper
- We can cover way more mileage than this in a day – we ate this up in less than 4 hours, finishing before noon.
- Wear gaiters.
- Explore the gray areas; think less in black-and-white.
- Jane makes a way better nut roast than any pub in the country.
Looking forward to:
- Cracking Wantage
- White Horse Hill and Uffington Castle
- Crop circle season
- Discovering Ridgeway-inspired ales like Ridgeway IPA and Wayland Smithy from White Horse Brewery (alas the selection at The Plough was pretty limited; they made up for it with wallpaper and REALLY cold Italian lager)