It is with SOME disappointment that I finish my days on the detox with Airbnb guests in town – they’ve wanted dinner each night of their stay. Good fun, but it also means I’ve been having my solid meals in the evening. No big deal.
Breakfast: Beetroot, avocado and date smoothie with cumin, cocoa & mint (inspired by Sumayya’s Chocolate Chilli Lassi. Recipe: 1 raw beet peeled and quartered (~100g), 50g avocado, two dates, 30g spinach, pinch of cinnamon, a few cumin seeds, a few mint leaves, a dash of cayenne, 1/2 tsp cocoa, ~1cup ice, ~2/3 cup water, small pinch of salt. Blitz on high until creamy and smooth!
Lunch: Black beans soup with avocado and pumpkin seed garnish. Ugly but tasty.
Dinner: Indian feast. Red lentil dal, cabbage and carrot sambhara, courgette curry, besan cheela and coconut chutney. (I forgot to take a picture of the meal so I’ve included a picture of the leftovers instead!)
- What this Clean Detox is all about
- Red lentil dal with panch phoran
- Indian chickpea flour pancakes
- Sambhara [food.com]
- Green coconut chutney [bbcgoodfood.com]
- Clean: this book describes the detox method I’m following
- Clean Program Manual [cleanprogram.com]
- Clean Program Recipes [cleanprogram.com]
- Clean Program Meal Plan [cleanprogram.com]