I’ve started using the Monkey Bar Gym’s portable Jungle Gym in my morning workout routine. It came with a beginner’s strength training circuit that I’ve been working through once a week. Feels good to have some guidance, but I still need to work out a plan for the rest of the week.
On the food front, I can’t complain. A few random notes on things:
- The buckwheat crepes are really good when their filled, then cooked in a dry pan until crisp
- No knead bread continues to rock my world
- Leftover pizza dough makes really tasty flatbread, especially when basted with olive oil and garlic
- Mark Bittman’s broiled three bean salad recipe from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian puts all other three bean salads to shame
- Tacos continue to be one of my ultimate comfort foods, next to pizza and reuben sandwiches (what is it about eating with my hands that I find so comforting?)
Food and Exercise Log | Thursday, October 8, 2009
Strength Training with the Jungle Gym
I warmed up with 10 minutes of skipping then hit the jungle gym, repeating this circuit twice:
12x assisted pull-ups
12x angle push-ups
12x assisted dips
12x chest presses
Recipe: Vegan buckwheat crepes
Almond butter on toast with raspberry jam and honey
Three bean salad with crispy flatbread
Recipe: Broiled three bean salad recipe from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
Three loops around the fields out back. ~1h20m of walking. Not sure on the mileage.
Organic pear and a cuppa tea
Consumed in bed while I worked. No picture could capture the sweet bliss of working and eating from bed.
Bean and potato tacos with corn and cabbage slaw