Who could think about food on a day like Tuesday? The answer: me, though admittedly, I was a little distracted.
For food, I turned to leftovers…
- Breakfast: Bircher muesli and rooibos tea
- Lunch: Tofu scramble, kale, rocket and toast
- Snack: Kiwi fruit
- Dinner: Leftover channa masala and sag aloo with basmati rice and roasted cauliflower
And the answer to the question, What Would Obama Do? Here’s what’s on our new president’s food diary:
- Implement a $250,000 payment limitation so that we help family farmers – not large corporate agribusiness.
- Strengthen anti-monopoly laws and strengthen producer protections to ensure independent farmers have fair access to markets, control over their production decisions, and transparency in prices.
- Implement Country of Origin Labeling law so that American producers can distinguish their products from imported ones.
- Help organic farmers afford to certify their crops and reform crop insurance to not penalize organic farmers. He also will promote regional food systems.
Sure sure, but What Would Obama Eat??
Planters Trail Mix, roasted almonds, pistachios, water, Dyntyne Ice, Nicorette, MET-Rx cholate roasted peanut protein bars, broccoli, spinach… but he won’t touch mayo, salt and vinegar potato chips, asparagus or soft drinks.
Looks like we’ve got ourselves a nut and gum man.